Thursday, May 19, 2011

Healing Letters

When I was going thru group therapy 4 years ago (wow has it been that long ago?) I was given quite a few tools to help me. This 'letter' was an assignment and one that I found very helpful and used several times in my healing process. This is a letter with prompts, you simply fill in the prompts.

The first step is deciding who or what you are writing to or about. The first one I wrote was to my son Eric who passed away when he was 1 week old. Right now I am a little upset that I can't find that specific Healing Letter, but I am sure it will turn up. I have also written one to each of my other children, my husband and even to depression. The letter outline can be found in the tab at the top that says Healing letter.

Remember that this letter is for you. There's no rules, just write what's in your heart. You don't even have to re-read it if you don't want to, however I think I always re-read these. You can also decide if you want to give the letter to who you wrote it to and you can share it with whomever you want to. When I was in therapy many of us shared them in class. I can still remember how silent it was when I read the letter to Eric and how many people were crying when I was done. As soon as I find the letter I will share it with you if you would like to see it. If not just tell me, my feelings will not be hurt, remember that this is about you and I am here to help you in any way I can. As always feel free to contact me with any questions of comments you might have. If I don't have your email, and if you are not a no-reply blogger, just leave me a comment that says to email you and I will send you my email so we can correspond that way.

Sha :)

1 comment:

  1. I would like to read the letter to your son. My Everette died at 5 days old.

    ReplyDelete